Saturday, January 17, 2009

Begging for TARP Money

I’m in the process of turning my blog into a bank holding company.

I can’t help it. I want some of that TARP money the Treasury is handing out.

As a blogger, I’ve lent my name to dozens of worthwhile causes just in the last year.

I’ve often been seen lending a hand when people are doing something, or lending an ear when someone has something to say.

But now, I’m undercapitalized, and I won’t be able to carry on lending of any kind without a government subsidy.

I’m still working out the paperwork of getting my blog recognized as a bank holding company, but the day I get that taken care of, the Secretary of the Treasury is going to have my application for a federal bailout. In my application, I’ll be explaining everything I’ll be doing to get the economy moving again.

Now, some might say that my blog is not a real bank, and that I’m just trying to pass it off as a bank so I can get bailed out — that I’m no different from all those other banker-come-latelies out there.

All I can say in answer to that is that I am not asking to be recognized as a bank holding company, or for the $8.4 billion capital injection that I will be requesting in my TARP application, for my own personal benefit.

I’m just trying to do my part to help the economy.